The iPad Air 2 digitizer touch panel & LCD screen are fused the entire unit has to be replaced as one to either repair a smashed touch screen or damaged LCD.
Common faults / issues with digitizers & LCD that will require this repair include:
- Touch panel no longer responding - if you can se the picture ok but the device is not responding to touch
- Touching the panel causes unexpected or erratic movements - this will require a replacement digitizer.
- Impact damage - glass digitizers are very easily damaged, generally the will crack or shatter - depending on the extent of the damage it may still work but in not advisable due to safety.
- Scratches - plastic digitizers are very susceptible to scratches, several light scratches build up making the phone look tatty and harder to view
- LCD Bleed or bright spots.
- Cracked LCD
- Ripples on the LCD image,
- Verticle lines along the LCD (LCD Flex damage)